Invitation for Bids (IFB) National Competitive Bidding (NCB) Non-Consulting Services PROCUREMENT OF
Procurement Number: SL-MoFED-165474-GO-RFB Date of Issue: 7th May, 2020
1. The Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone (hereinafter called ‘’Borrower’’) has received funds from the International Development Association (the ‘’Bank’’) in the form of Credit towards the Freetown Emergency Recovery Project (FERP). The Project Fiduciary Management Unit, am implementing agency of the Client, intends to apply part of the proceeds of these funds to payments under the agreement resulting from IFB No: SL-MoFED-142967-GO- RFB
2. The Project Fiduciary Management Unit (PFMU) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Procurement of Equipment for National Fire Force (NFF) and Training Support
3. Bidding will be conducted using the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Regulation and is open to all Bidders from eligible bidders as defined in the Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
i. Evidence of undertaking similar Supplies for the past three years, Note: Copy of signed contract from the purchaser and Certificate of Completion.
i. Audited Financial Statements for the past 3 Years with an annual turnover of Le 2,000,000,000 (Two Billion Leones)
ii. Joint Venture Agreement (where applicable)
iii. Bid Security of One Hundred Million Leones (Le 100,000,000)
All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amounts indicated above. The Bidder shall seal the original and each copy of the bid, in separate envelopes, duly marking the envelopes as “ORIGINAL (1)” and “COPY (3).”The envelopes shall then be enclosed in an outer envelope sealed and must be accompanied by:
A certified true copy of a valid Business Registration certificate or business license in conformity with the provision of the laws of the country of the bidder.
A certified and up to date true copy of a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the relevant authority in conformity with the provision of the laws of the country of the bidder.
A Valid NASSIT Clearance Certificate
Up to date Local Council Certificate
4. Interested and eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding
documents at the address below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application at the address below and upon payment of a non- refundable fee of One Million Leones (Le1,000,000.00) and the method of payment will be Cash.
6. Sealed Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before Thursday 4th June, 2020 at 1100 Hours GMT. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
7. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at Main Conference Room, Project Fiduciary Management Unit, Ground Floor 13A Howe Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone on Thursday 4th June, 2020 at 1100 Hours GMT.
The bids shall remain valid for 120 days starting from the deadline of their submission.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 9:00 to 4:00 Hours, Sierra Leone time. Clarification request shall be in writing and sent before the deadline stated in the BDS. To apply for a soft copy of the Bidding Documents, suppliers shall attach to their request, evidence of payment for the hard copy. Sealed bids shall be submitted to:
Projects Fiduciary Management Unit
13a Howe Street (former World Bank Building) Freetown, Sierra Leone
Tel: Cell: + 232 76672186 E-mail: email@example.com